Make it a habit to meditate in bed for a few minutes every night. In other words take a moment for yourself, breathe in and prepare yourself (physically and mentally) for the night. Guided sleep meditations help you get a better and deeper sleep, and teaches you to calm down the winds of your mind.
Meditating with guided sleep meditations
- Sit or lie down comfortably. It’s really nice when you've already prepared yourself for the night (read: brushed your teeth, put on your pajamas). You can fall asleep while meditating and won’t wake up with a start because you're still wearing your clothes.
- Turn on a pleasant sleep meditation or play some quiet music. The meditations and music from the Meditation Moments app (Play store/ App store) will stop automatically once they’re finished.
- Focus your attention on your breathing. Inhale for 4 seconds, out for 5 seconds. 4 seconds in, 5 seconds out. Make your exhale just a little longer than your inhale and find a natural rhythm.
- If there are thoughts going through your mind, notice them and let them go. Bring your attention back to your breathing. When you listen to a guided meditation, the voice automatically leads you into the meditation and all you need to do is listen and relax.
- After a while you notice that you’re feeling more relaxed. Or you don't notice anything because you’re enjoying a wonderful sleep!
Like to try sleep meditations?
Try Meditation Moments app completely free for 10 days
Fall asleep more easily with a free sleep meditation!
Can't sleep the way you need to? Having difficulties falling asleep? Not sleeping deep enough? The Meditation Moments app contains sleep meditations of 3, 7, 10, and 15 minutes and long meditations of 20 and 30 minutes. Immerse yourself in the world of meditation. Running short on time? Start with a short meditation of a few minutes. After a while, you may enjoy longer meditations. Prepare for the night and wake up well-rested!
Lying wide awake in bed while your mind keeps going: "I want to sleep. I can’t sleep. Why can't I sleep?” Play a relaxing sleep meditation and before you know it you’re sleeping like a baby!