Privacy statement Meditation Moments
We are Meditation Moments B.V. (hereinafter: “we”, “us” or “Mediation Moments”) and we are the controller of your personal data. We have our registered office and place of business in (3828 PK) Hoogland, the Netherlands, at the Slaagseweg 10.
In this privacy statement we explain how we protect and respect your personal data and privacy as a user of our application (“App”) and/or website, www.meditationmoments.com ... personal data you provide us with will be handled with the utmost care. We therefore strictly adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable privacy legislation.
Not yet 16 years old?
Our services are not directed at children. If you are not yet 16 years old, you need permission of your parents or legal guardian to use our App and our Website.
Which data do we process?
When installing and using the App and our Website and when filling in the contact form, the following personal data can be processed:
- name, e-mail address, country & language;
- login details;
- information about your usage of the App and/or our Website;
- log data such as IP-address of your device, marketing ids and push-notification tokens of your device, browser type and date and time of the requests made when you visit our website;
- IP Location information on city level;
- order and payment information.
What purposes do we process your personal data for?
We can use your personal data:
- to enable you to login into and use our App and Website;
- to carry out obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- to enable you to integrate the amount of time that you meditated with our App with health applications such as the Apple iOS health application or Google Fit
- for sending (promotional) mailings;
- to provide you with customer service communications;
- for perform market research;
- to improve our services;
- for internal management and administration;
- for handling complaints and disputes; and to comply with applicable legislation.
On what legal grounds do we process your personal data?
For the processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, we have the following legal grounds:
- performance of an agreement between you and us, e.g. when you subscribe to the App or buy a subscription for a friend via our Website;
- if the processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, e.g. (direct) marketing, (promotional) mailings, performing market research and improving our services; and if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
Do we disclose your data to third parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the above mentioned purposes. We only disclose your personal data to third parties that have committed themselves to comply with applicable privacy laws and that, if provided by law, we have entered into a data processing agreement with.
We for example work with third parties that provide the payment system for our App and Website. Also, we work with marketing(research) agencies, software-developers and parties that provide analytics services and help us to improve our services. Finally we will disclose your personal data if we are obliged to do so by law or a legal judgement, e.g. to the tax authority.
Third parties we work with:
- Stripe | To handle order and payment provider.
- Leanplum | To improve our app and provide you with (personalized) mailings and push- notifications.
- Facebook | To provide you with (personalized) advertisements
- Google Firebase | To monitor the health of our apps and sent push-notifications.
- TRUE Hosting | To manages our servers and prevents digital attacks
- Helpscout | To provide customer service, handling complaints and disputes.
- Mixpanel | To improve our app and test new functionalities.
- Several agencies | To perform marketing(research), software development.
If you use health applications such as the Apple iOS Healthkit and Motion & Fitness or Google Fit, you may opt-in to allow our App to provide data regarding the amount of time you meditated with our App to your health application for display. Any information you instructed us to share with such health application, is subject to the privacy statement of the provider of this health application. To avoid any misunderstandings: we do not use or disclose to third parties any of your data or other information obtained through your use of health applications.
Third Party Websites
How long do we store your personal data?
We do not store your personal data longer than legally permitted, legally obliged and/or necessary for the purposes for which those data are processed.
Protection of your personal data
We will do all we can and have taken appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data against loss and misuse or unauthorized access.
When we process your personal data, you have the right to access, rectification, and erasure of your personal data, and the right to restrict the processing thereof, subject to certain conditions. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and the right to have your personal data transferred. You can send an e-mail to these ends with your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify as much as possible which personal data you refer to. In general, we will respond within four weeks to a request for inspection or correction. In case of a deletion request we will delete the personal data as soon as possible, unless and to the extent that the law requires us to keep the personal data or if there are other compelling reasons to oppose removal. After the execution of a deletion request we will send you a message of confirmation. If the personal data is (partially) not deleted, we will send you a message in which we explain why your request could not (fully) be met. If we cannot identify which personal data are meant by a request for inspection, correction or deletion, we may ask you to specify your request in more detail. We suspend the execution of the request until you have provided us with such detailed specification.
If you have given us permission to process your personal data, you can revoke this consent at any time. Revoking your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent provided before the revocation. Finally, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) by visiting http://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
Modification of this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement. We therefore recommend you to regularly check our App and Website for the latest version.
For questions about our privacy statement or the abovementioned rights, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can contact us via the contact form in our App and on our Website or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Version: June 2021